Wednesday, May 6, 2009

From Chaos Comes Clarity

The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

Nick Hexum might not have meant what I mean by my title but I'll run with it. In this post I'm basically quoting Oswald Chambers and letting it reflect off the other posts. 

Oswald writes

"When the Holy Spirit comes into a man 'his beauty is consumed away', the perfectly ordered completeness of his whole nature is broken up; then the Holy Spirit, brooding over the chaos that is produced, brings a word of God, and as that word is received and obeyed a new life is formed."

Lately, I've realized it's not about redeeming what was once innocence in me. I need my slate wiped clean. That means all the victories and defeats are with Christ.

No comments: